- day Arrival in Ashgabat. Pick up at the Ashgabat International Airport. Accommodation in the hotel. Breakfast at the Hotel restaurant. Ashgabat sightseeing tour: Ertogrul Gazy Mosque, Park and Monument of Independence, Cable Car “AsmaYoly”. Lunch. Excursion to the National Museum of Turkmenistan. Dinner.
- day Breakfast. Drive to Dekhistan – historical and architectural park. Along the way visit to the Memorial Complex with Ruhy Mosque in Kypchak village, Saparmurat Haji Mosque in Geokdepe, Kov-Ata underground lake. Lunch. Visit to ruins of Murche village and Mausoleum of Zengi-Baba, Parau-Bibi holy place. Tour of the historical place of Dehistan. Drive to Balkanabat. Accommodation in the hotel. Dinner.
- day Breakfast. Drive to the canyons Yangy-Gala. Explore the canyons. Lunch. Visit to the Gdzli-Ata Shrine. Drive to the national tourist zone “Avaza”. Accommodation in the hotel “Seyrana”
- day Rest on the Caspian seashore.
- day Breakfast. Transfer to the Airport of Turkmenbashy city. Flight to Ashgabat. Lunch. Tour to the Museum of Turkmen Carpet. Visit shopping centers. Dinner.
- day Transfer to the Ashgabat International Airport. Departure.
Balkan velayat is a visiting card of the western part of the country. It is the largest region of Turkmenistan. The administrative center of the velayat is Balkanabat city. The western part of the city is washed by the Caspian Sea. A diverse relief of the velayat embraces the western spurs of the Kopetdag Mountains, Greater and Lesser Balkan, chinks of Ustyurt Plateau, valleys of the rivers of Atrek, Sumbar and Chandyr, Turkmenbashy Plateau. Main resources are oil and gas. Wheat is the main grain crop of the region. Together with the recreation centres and hotels there is a lot of historical monuments in the region which attract a great interest of both tourists and citizens of the country.
Description of main spots
Dekhistan, which existed in the 9-14 centuries AD, is the historical-cultural reserve today. This place is situated in the south-eastern part of Turkmenistan on the absolutely plain and waterless valley. Here, among the sands and takyrs mysterious and enigmatic ruins are rising up in the endless emptiness and silence. The second name of this ancient country is Missrian-Mashad according to the name of necropolis, which is situated nearby.
Wonderful natural objects – Canyons of Yangy-Gala are located in the north-western part of Turkmenistan in the Balkan velayat. “Yangy-Gala” is translated as “fiery fortress” from Turkmen language. Such a name the canyons obtained from the predominating red colors of in-situ rocks.
The port-city of Turkmenbashy (formerly Krasnovodsk) is the only port in Turkmenistan. From the east it is surrounded by low mountains; in the west the city borders with the waters of the Caspian Sea. The moonscape prevails over here.
Caspian Sea is one of the largest lakes in the world. The coast of the “hoary” Caspian Sea in Avaza has acquired a new status of “national tourist zone” – main recreation area in Turkmenistan. The nature itself has endowed this divine place with long golden beaches, magnificent seascape and salubrious climate.
The tour includes:
• Visa support letter and visa registration
• Accommodation in the hotels “Grand Turkmen”**** (BB) in Ashgabat, “Nebitchi”**** in Balkanabat (BB), tent camp in Yangi-Kala, “Seyrana”***** (BB) in Turkmenbashy
• Transport for the whole tour (for 2 pax – jeep; for 5 pax+ – minivans (day 2-3))
• Transfers airport – hotel – airport
• Internal flight ticket Turkmenbashy – Ashgabat
• Meals-full board
• Guide’s services
• Sightseeing sites’ entrance
• Water, tea, coffee, fruits during the whole tour
The tour does not include:
• International airplane ticket
• Visa to Turkmenistan
• Immigration fee paid upon arrival in Turkmenistan